Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like the Marvel series got dropped for 2012

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

I just went to the Native Watercraft site and the Marvel series is not listed in their product section. Hmmmm???? Anyone know anything? That's a shame I love my Marvel!

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Glad you love your Marvel. It's not going away, just moving over to sister-brand Liquid Logic, along with the Inuit series. http://www.liquidlog...om/products.cfm Native is focusing on fishing specific products.

-Philip

#3 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

Ahh, So they will be liquidlogic as indicated by the logo on the side and not a Native Watercraft product? Looks like they still have the 1st class seat? Are these differenent branches of the same company or totally different companies? I'm confused.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

That's correct. Still have 1st class seat. Legacy paddlesports was formed in 2006 and held Native, LL and Heritage. The Heritage line is being split between LL and Native, Redfish - Native and Fetherlite, now called Mist to LL. A decision was made for Native to focus strictly on fishing platforms but will continue under the same leadership. -Philip

#5 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

So...is it time to re-rework the web site? Should the site reflect the reorganization of Legacy and add the new Red Fish line, drop the old not-available lines...add the Liquid Logic boats? Maybe just glob all the dropped lines together? I'd love to see the Magic come back but only see this if they modify the plug and play feature.

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Yes, some reorganization/naming is in order. As long as we have storage space I think it's a good plan to keep old content around for reference, possibly a discontinued and a re-branded section. We will add a Redfish section but I don't think we'll be adding newly branded LL boats (Marvel & Inuit) since Native will be focused strictly on fishing. I do hope LL will dual-brand the Coupe and Deuce Coupe, LOVE the Coupe and there are plenty of applications that suit it well. -Philip

#7 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Well darn. This is a good forum and I'm gonna miss it. All I can find out there for a Liquid Logic Forum is a Facebook page. Gee. Wow. Different media for different target groups I guess. Hope I have no more questions about my Marvel. You folk are great! See ya around.

#8 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

Seer No need to run. Your Marvel still says Native Watercraft on it right???? I'm hangin. Folks around here will certainly answer Marvel questions. I would!

#9 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Well darn. This is a good forum and I'm gonna miss it. All I can find out there for a Liquid Logic Forum is a Facebook page. Gee. Wow. Different media for different target groups I guess. Hope I have no more questions about my Marvel. You folk are great! See ya around.

Just a Facebook page...gee...BUT!!! that Facebook page is run and replied to by Woody...the president of Legacy Paddle Sports...Liquid Logic/Native Watersports.;)

#10 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

Just a Facebook page...gee...BUT!!! that Facebook page is run and replied to by Woody...the president of Legacy Paddle Sports...Liquid Logic/Native Watersports.;)

I agree that part's majorly impressive. And he's quick about getting back to folk. But if you're looking for specific information and don't want to look at a bunch of posts that aren't relevant to your interests, it's pretty chaotic.

#11 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

Even though the Marvel is going to LL I'd like to see the continuance of the Marvel on this site. Maybe rename the heading Native/Liguid Logic Marvel. Hope you'll stick around Seer, Philip

#12 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Even though the Marvel is going to LL I'd like to see the continuance of the Marvel on this site. Maybe rename the heading Native/Liguid Logic Marvel.

Hope you'll stick around Seer,
Philip

I think that is a good idea.

#13 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Phillip. I'll stick around here as long as there's a Marvel section. This is a good forum.

#14 Czs4me

Czs4me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

[QUOTE= it's pretty chaotic.[/QUOTE]

I'll presume there's sound logic behind all the corporate twists, but "chaotic" is a charitable description of the present setup's marketing value. Deliberately and I'd say obtusely, making it hard for present owners and prospective buyers is above all else a self-inflicted wound.

#15 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

These shuffles happen all the time in the industry...and customers adapt. This happened a half dozen years ago when Johnson Corporation formed Confluence and bought up every kayak and canoe company know to man including Wilderness Systems...the first company Andy Z built from the ground before he built up Legacy and Native. Since the conglomeration is Legacy Paddle Sports it may be that Will will work that into this forum so all of the users will have a place to find information and post their trips and photos, etc. Let Will know what you think and would like to happen with the site. HE has a Facebook site too, but watches what goes on here and will respond.

#16 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

My Marvel says, "Native Watercraft" so here I stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users