Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Fishfinder on a Magic 12

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grtsct

grtsct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

I have purchased a Humminbird fishfinder but just cannot make up my mind on how and where I want to mount the display. I have already installed the transducer with the humminbird kayak inside hull kit. Anyway if anyone has any good ideas or photos I would really like to get your imput. Also does anyone no of a cooler that will fit the bow area of this Yak?

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image This Native bag fits perfectly. You can get them at Get:Outdoors.
I don't have it at the house to take a photo, but Native made an accessory bar that plugged into the side sockets. I had some old bar clamps for a depth finder from an old power boat that clamped to the accessory bar perfectly. A boat parts supply store probably has something similar. They were made to clamp depth finders to handrails and grab rails on larger boats. I'm going to try and find some more or make my own from star board. My initial mount and rig included some flat aluminum plate that extended out over the side of the boat to mount the transducer to...but since you are shooting through the hull you wouldn't need that part. I'll try to get over to where I have my depth finder this week and get some shots of it.

#3 grtsct

grtsct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Thanks boykinsbuddy, I just cannot make up my mind where I wish to mount the screen, I even thought about mounting it at the very front that way it would not be in the way as far as fishing equipment and other gear but im not sure if I will be able to see the screen well enough at that distance. I have seen the native cooler bags but wasn't sure it would fit the Magic 12 but if you say it is a good fit I think I will try one. I sure would have liked to had one of the cooler bags a couple of weeks ago.

#4 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

They make a shorter bag too that may fit on the 12 better...the long bag is something like 36" and the shorter bag is 31".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users