Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

How are all my Marvel friends?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

Since Marvels are not the most popular on this site (I think someone said red-headed step children?:D) Just figured I would put this up so we can say hello every so often. We finally got back out this past week after about 2 weeks of rain and frequent T storms. Son got to fully test out new Kokatat pfd and paddle. Both are as great as we originally thought. In case you've never thought to test your pfd....good idea so you know what will happen if you ever need it....if you can swim, if it will roll you over if face down in water etc. Been shopping around for any cheap kayak (until we can get another Marvel) so we can both go out. Remembering our soldiers and wishing you safe and happy paddling friends!

#2 Steve O.

Steve O.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey waterlove. I got out on Mott lake on Ft. Bragg with our Tar Heel Fencer/Deans list student (she rocks!) the other day in our Marvels. Good time! We'll be getting out on the Cape Fear river this week. I can't wait!

#3 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

^ Whoo Hoo! Fencer! (have several fencer kids as friends-past co-workers) Dean's List: double Who! Hoo! (hopefully I'll be able to say that one day-did get a Dean's scholarship) Enjoy your summer!

#4 teacherman

teacherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Took the Marvel 12 and the Tarpon T-13 out on Saturday with my 22 year old son. The idea was for him to paddle the Tarpon, but he gave it up to some folks for a 10 ft. SOT, because the group was short 1 boat. So, all is well until my boy ask me to trade the 10 SOT for the Marvel. I couldn't refuse the request, but I had to stroke to keep up with him for the rest of the paddle. The Marvel 12 just glides through the water on a river, and now my boy wants one of his own. This is the second of my two boys, who have declared that they need on of these boats, after they've paddled the Marvel. I trying to get my daughter to go with me next weekend, and can only imagine what her response will be after she cons me out of my boat. I've got the Marvel 12, the Tarpon 13-T, and I have my eyes open for another Native product to add to the fleet. I want something flexible that we can all paddle, but that I can also fish out of, so the Manta Ray 12 looks like a good choice, but I wonder about the seat as compared to the First Class. Your input is always welcomed!

#5 Pat

Pat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEstero, FL

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

I have had the MR 12 for only a few weeks but the seat is great. There is adjustment straps to pull the back up for whatever angle you need. I have been out three & four hours before stopping to take a break and can honestly say the seat is more comfortable than any other sit-on-top. Still you should "try it before you buy it"

#6 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

Executive board meeting. I'd say it was a sucess. Lovin my M12! [ATTACH=CONFIG]2643[/ATTACH]

#7 Steve O.

Steve O.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

Take it easy there yakmang! Great picture!

#8 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

That's exactly the way you'd find me on the Marvel 10! Hope everyone had a nice summer!

#9 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Taking the M12 and the U12 out for the day with a friend on Friday. Yak a bit, fish a bit, eat a bit, maybe nap a bit. Gonna be 69 degrees with light wind here in SW Mo. Perfect day. Most of the local rivers here have been to low to yak. It has been a long dry un yakable summer for us. Fortunately found one about an hour away that has some flow going finally...CAN'T WIAT TO GET OUT IN THE MONRING! Also I will get to try out my new camera mounts and my new Panasonic TS3 camera. Stoked!

#10 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

Oh yeah and the friend has never been in a Native watercraft before. They are in for a comfortable treat compared to what they have been yaking in. Maybe another convert! ;-)

#11 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

My brother finally saw my Marvel. He doesn't believe it's actually a kayak unless it has no seat or the seating area is made from a bed of nails. He's still trying to get over "The kayak with a lawn chair in it."

#12 demers669

demers669

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

I tried numerous kayaks and each time my back would either be sore or uncomfortable. I have had my Marvel 12 for several months and did a 5 hour trip up on the Moose River in The Adirondack Mountains last week with some friends. They complained about stiff backs and I felt great.

#13 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

I tried numerous kayaks and each time my back would either be sore or uncomfortable. I have had my Marvel 12 for several months and did a 5 hour trip up on the Moose River in The Adirondack Mountains last week with some friends. They complained about stiff backs and I felt great.

Yep you just can't beat the 1st class seat! I love em! The seat sells the boat. I took a friend with me yesterday and let them use the M12 while I use the U12. After about ten minutes they said," Man this thing is comfortable!" I smiled inside. I wanted to say," I TOLD YOU!" :D

#14 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Oh yeah and the friend has never been in a Native watercraft before. They are in for a comfortable treat compared to what they have been yaking in. Maybe another convert! ;-)

How did the trip go? and the friend like the Native? (don't have any trouble w/low water here - been having lots of flooding)

#15 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

Trip was great. Had to get out alot because of low water but it was a great fall day and we were the only ones on the river. They loved the marvel. I can see them aquiring one after thier baby comes.

Here's a link to a really short vid of the trip:

Yakin the Flat! Creek that is... [HD] Hove over the bottom and click on the letters HD and the quality is much better.

https://www.facebook...v=2161329950015

#16 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Nice vid! (my internet is slow for video though so unfortunately start and stop) Does look like a nice trip. Really enjoyed the sound of the water too! Met a great couple from Missouri in the Adirondacks in August. Husband was originally from NY and they've been there a lot so were very helpful in guiding me to some great places suitable to my novice skills. We later spent a little time weathering Hurricane Irene together back @ the same B & B when they evacuated and closed all trails, parks, waterways etc. (reportedly for the first time ever in the ADK) Your friends can put the baby in the hatch! (jk may when he/she gets a little older) Hoping to be in your "Executive Board Meeting" stance in the 'new' Marvel 12 later this week:p Keep enjoying your Natives!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users