Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Seat

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zwickey

zwickey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

I purchased a 14.5 Magic that was supposed to have been a tandem, but only had the one seat. Don't know what happened to the other seat. At the time the dealer threw in a Manta seat that I rigged with Paracord. Now I definitely need another 1st class seat. Anyone know where I can buy one? Dealer said native doesnt have anymore since Magic line is done. This surprised me since most companies still keep some parts on hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

imo the dealer owes you a seat. if you bought it from them and there was no 2nd seat then they should be giving it to you for free.

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

Certainly if you paid for a tandem you should get a tandem. Please send an email to info@nativewatercraft.com indicating your dealer, price paid and your interaction with the dealer, including their inclusion of an MR seat.

-Philip

#4 zwickey

zwickey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

I got the boat at a reduced rate, and understood that it didnt have the second seat at the time of the sale. They tossed in the MR seat as a temporary fix, until I could order another 1st class seat. Now I just cant find another seat.

#5 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

I would email the above email and ask them for one they probibly have one...

#6 zwickey

zwickey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

NJ and Yak4fish Thanks for the responses. I did email them and rec'd a response from the above listed email. I got a prompt reply that basically said sorry, but you are SOL. I have to say I am rather dissppointed that in such a short time since the line was discontinued, there are zero spare parts. Had i been informed that the line was being dropped by the dealer, I would have held out for a tandem elsewhere or maybe just gone with an Ultimate. Oh well, live and learn. Does anyone have any other thoughts? Could I adapt another first class (from either the Mariner or Ultimate) seat to work? Any help would be great since it does not appear that I am going to get it from NW!

#7 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I would think that you could maybe adapt an ultimate seat. The pan the seat sits in is the main difference. Using some wax and a fiberglass kit, you could make another pan using your seat pan for the mold. Then bolt the Ultimate seat to it. You can buy the clips still at Get Outdoors I believe.

#8 Psycho Joe

Psycho Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

The seats no longer clip in on the Magic. They basically slide on the floor. Your best bet is to find someone who upgraded their Magic to the new style seat. When I received my upgrade kit for the new seat style, Native sent me a new seat pan. I would check with others here first or just put a Larry Chair in it and be done with it.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B004N89A9C

#9 zwickey

zwickey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Thanks Joe for the other option. I ended up calling the manager of the dealership I bought the boat from (Should have done that to start with I guess) and he has been a great help. He is trying to get me lined up with something so will just see what he comes up with. He also corrected me that the boat I bought actually was a solo to begin with. I had talked with sales person at the time about wanting a tandem, but they didn't have one so they through in the MR seat and said that I could buy one of the second 1st class seats later. They were not aware at that time that the line was being dropped. Anyway the manager is going out of his way to help so I am sure I will get this taken care of eventually. THanks again for all the help.

#10 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

The seats no longer clip in on the Magic. They basically slide on the floor. Your best bet is to find someone who upgraded their Magic to the new style seat. When I received my upgrade kit for the new seat style, Native sent me a new seat pan. I would check with others here first or just put a Larry Chair in it and be done with it.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B004N89A9C

Do you know if the Larry seat will fit in the front of the U14.5 Solo? might be something I could get for grandkids...

#11 Bellybuster

Bellybuster

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

How could a dealer not know that the magic line was discontinued a year ago? He should have informed you of this prior to your purchase so you can make an informed decision. I bought my Magic 12 at 50% off in early 2010 due to the line being discontinued. I think any of the portable seat options will work pretty good.

#12 Jesg1224

Jesg1224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Native Magic seat I have an extra Native seat and foot pegs that I'm selling. Send me a PM if you're interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users