Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Introduce yourself

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#381 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Again, welcome to the newest member of the Owners Group.

Redbow, we carry just about every Native accessory available, even some that are out of production. Here are the skirts we have available http://www.shopgetou...es-146.html?p=3 Please let us know if you have any questions. -thanks

#382 usernameFrank

usernameFrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Hi guys. I moved to Florida from Virginia two years ago and just bought a 14.5 tandem (2011 model) yesterday for $800 including two $75 paddles, so I think i got a good deal. Looking forward to getting into kayak fishing and maybe selling my flats boat. One small wrinkle with my 14.5 tandem is the thwarts are missing. I can buy the replacement clips for the end of the thwart for $3.00 per thwart from ACK or pay $17.00 each for the entire thwart. No brainer there guys - buy a piece of PVC the correct sizes and modify it so the clips go in. One small problem, I don't know what the lengths of the thwarts are. The replacement thwart quoted by ACK is 2ft long but is that the single thwart for tandem use, or the two thwarts used when going solo? Any help with measurements or pictures of your thwarts would be a great help.

#383 Buggy

Buggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hi my name is Buggy... [ATTACH=CONFIG]5019[/ATTACH]58 From Paige Tx. Just far enough E. of that wierd place they use for a capitol here in TX. Been researching for quite awhile and found this site early on and joined. Thanks for all the info I gathered here! Finally purchased a Slayer 14.5 from ACK a few weeks back and I couldn't be happier. I have fished ever since I can remeber all over the US in my early years mostly trout West of the Rockies from Cali to Vancouver up and down. I moved to Texas about 18 years ago and got somewhat converted to Bass fishing as there weren't alot of options for fishing what I was used too. Spent several years fishing the S.E. TX Federation T's and still love my Skeeter ZX200 but a man must have options I believe so I'm happy adding the Slayer to my fleet! First trip out maiden voyage on Lake Bastrop she was slimed on the first cast! That's some serious mojo in my book! Getting ready to take her salty tomorrow down on Powderhorn outside of Port Lavaca. Glad to be here with you fine folks.

#384 KSpaddler

KSpaddler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

KSpaddler Bought a U12 last fall to better access rivers in Arkansas - fly fishing for trout, but have used it a lot around home, too. Southeast Kansas, fishing local lakes for largemouth bass and assorted panfish. Just tonight caught a channel catfish on a topwater fly, which was a surprise, and a first for me. Also tonight got the nerve up to stand up in the Ultiamte for the first time. Casting a fly line's a lot easier standing up... About me: well, I'm 57, been boating and fishing all my life. Work as a psychologist/therapist when I'm not fishing.

#385 tbam

tbam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

I'm now the owner of an olive Ultimate 12....loving this boat. I have been using a much heavier Ascend D12...which I love also...but 50 lbs vs. 80 lbs.......will win a lot...hitting the river in the morning
Posted Image

#386 stryaker77

stryaker77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hey Guys, My name is Richard - 25 living in Kalamazoo, MI. Engineer by trade. Just moved here from southern california where shore-fishing was the thing.. Have found that shore-fishing is few and far between given the overgrowth on all the local lakes. So I ended up getting the Ultimate 12. Caught three 2-3 lb largemouth on the inaugural run, and I'm addicted! Got a 2 year old beagle that loves coming along with me. Lookin to learn the tricks, tips, and techniques of my new hobby here on the forums!

#387 Jdmassaro

Jdmassaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

I am Jon I am 40 and just picked up a 2007 U12. I live in the Tampa Bay Area and will be using my kayak to fish and take some photos. Great site thank you all for your posts. Thanks, Jon

#388 Chumley

Chumley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Greetings all, My name is Jon. I live in Houston, TX -- turning 51 this month. I bought two boats a couple weeks ago; a new OK Trident 13 as my primary, and a used (heavily abused) Ultimate 14.5 Tandem, to be used for family outings or as a buddy boat for fishing. I had looked at the Ultimate when I was trying to decide which new boat to buy but ruled it out because I occasionally venture out BTB. I put both boats in the water last weekend just to sort them out and instantly fell in love with the Ultimate. Once I get it rigged up, it's likely to be my first choice for flat water outings. I look forward to learning from those of you who already knew what I just recently discovered. Can't say enough good things about my beat-up, old Ultimate.

#389 jmaxch

jmaxch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys, I went for a roadtrip last summer in Northern Quebec ( Manicouagan ) it was very nice and I really love how the Ultimate 12 performs.  There are almost nobody out there and so much black flies on the shores it's un-bearable... however once you hit the water it's all good.  This summer I am going to get some more accessories for my Ultimate which is still pretty basic. 

Attached Files

#390 NCflycaster

NCflycaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hi all,
NCflycaster here, I live in Morehead City NC. I have been a fly caster since I was a boy growing up in Colorado. I just purchased a 14.5 Slayer and am looking forward to getting out in the estuaries and going after some reds with my new Kayak.

#391 Cappy

Cappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAlva, Florida

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

Hello from SW Florida! New be to kayaking and just got a 2008 Ultimate Propel 14.5. Been working on it today, dealer where I bought it must have never lubed it. Took it out this morning, Went about 200 yds before propel started growling and getting hard to pedal. It was very rusty and nasty in the upper transmission ares and like to never got the pedal assembly apart. This was an unsold leftover from '08 but must have been rented out by the dealer. Finally got it apart and gonna replace bearings for good measure and lube it good. Hope that takes care of the issue.
Nice forum, I will probably be visiting often for pointers and general info.

#392 rchultimate12

rchultimate12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

Good Morning All.  New to Native Watercraft and kayaking. I just purchased a privately owned Ultimate 12, that needs a bit of TLC, but seems worthy and was priced right. Seemed a good way to explore the Marque and the sport. I'm looking forward to making her "mine". 

Bob 

• NOG Admin likes this

#393 ColmerL

ColmerL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:55 AM

Glad to found this community. We are looking at a Ultimate 12 and thought to get some ideas from current owners. I'll be lurking around

• NOG Admin likes this

#394 ColmerL

ColmerL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:57 AM

Good Morning All.  New to Native Watercraft and kayaking. I just purchased a privately owned Ultimate 12, that needs a bit of TLC, but seems worthy and was priced right. Seemed a good way to explore the Marque and the sport. I'm looking forward to making her "mine". 

Bob 

Howdy Bob! How's your Ultimate 12 so far?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users