Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Almost 1,000 Members - Call for Participation

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

We are not about mere numbers here but the fact is were at 999 and counting. Who will be the 1,000th member? It was also surprising to see how many members have never posted or commented on other posts. The big goose egg is next to a number of members. While it's great to have a fair number of members it would be even better to have and hear what you're doing with your Native products, feedback, reports etc. This isn't intended as a "call out" but a friendly exhortation to consider how non-posters and lurkers can help enrich the site by becoming actively involved to the benefit of the entire membership. Regards, Philip

#2 livelybaits

livelybaits

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Re: Almost 1,000 Members - Call for Participation

Agreed. I see it via notifications every time a new member signs up. I'd say I get about three or four of those per day.

I made an attempt some time ago to try to lure out lurkers:
http://www.lwnog.com...y lurkers#p5186

:lol: We're really friendly here. Introduce yourselves and show us what you're doing with your Native watercraft. I'll do my part: I'm heading out right now to get more pictures!

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone read anything up in this area of the forum other than the moderators? Most forums have users yapping all over the place especially in the Lounge or 'general discussion area. Does anyone read the blogs or even know how to blog...it's easy...you just click and yap...I'm pretty good at it!
  • Jhagerty likes this

#4 jacksonrh64

jacksonrh64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I don't Blog, Tweet or use Facebook or own a "Smart phone", I like to interact, occasionally, with those who share the same interest but I don't want to spend my life looking at forums or TV shows, I'd rather be out doing rather than reading or watching what someone else is doing. I lurk in the background, I doubt I am alone, so maybe that explains all the members who don't post but come here for some info time to time. This is my first post although I have owned a Native Magic 12, and now own a 2011 Native Ultimate 12. Looking for Peddle powered Ultimate. Jack

#5 Oldgringo

Oldgringo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Interesting. As a noob, I've been doing a fair amount of reading, and noticed the large number of members with less than a dozen posts. What gives? Seems like a great forum...

#6 Robert

Robert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Welcome Jackson.I don't blog much either.I am new to the kayaking scene.My choice for my first boat was a Ultimate 14.5 Propel.I'm in central Florida and prefer the rivers to the salt water.What I've found is the propel doesn't do well in the shallows nor does it like weeds and grass.I spend a lot of time paddling around in my peddle kayak.I may have done better with a std. SOT type yak.

#7 Drewyaker

Drewyaker

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

For over 12 years I only had some basic recreational sit ins for mainly seasonal river trips. Only in the past year have I gotten more into getting out on lakes and fishing. I found a used tarpon 14 and really enjoyed that. Then after meeting my gf, I wanted to take her out on lakes without her having to strain her self so I finally found a used Native Tandem at a good price and got that. Then She wanted something to peddle, so after more looking, found 2 Hobie Outbacks from the same guy I got the tandem from. She bought one and I just had to get the other one!. Then, just when I thought I was done, I discovered the Propel. Long story short, after much liquidating of other kayaks, mowers, etc. I now spend a lot of time either fishing or rigging. I enjoy seeing what others have done to their boats and doing a little inventing of my own. I plan to have photos of finished boats up soon and hope to meet up with others in my area for some outings this upcoming season. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3083[/ATTACH] Under construction.

#8 livelybaits

livelybaits

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

With my writing obligations, role as a tournament host all in addition to full time guide I have trouble getting on here as often as I used to. I send people here and many of them don't actually post anything. I tell them to use the search feature to find specific things they want to read about. They do. I don't really care if people do post as long as they use it as a resource. I think the common person has reached some social media saturation these days.

#9 kwhart

kwhart

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationFloresville, Texas

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Yeah, you are probably talking about people like me. Facebook scares me, Twitter does not interest me at all. Social media in general scares me. I like this forum though and I intend to use it a bunch. I also own several Folbot kayaks and our forum there is absolutely user friendly, we do NOT tolerate rude behavior there, we just don't allow it. It looks to me like this forum is the same way and I'm really impressed so far. I belong to another forum (geocaching) and it is the worst of the worst forums. You cannot make a statement of any kind there without getting flamed, ridiculed or called an idiot. I love geocaching and kayaking, my two main hobby's, and these two forums are great. Thanks to the moderators for keeping it that way.

#10 TNtrout

TNtrout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Kwhart, I've read your posts over the past couple of days and you make some good observations. Thanks for adding another positive voice and adding to the strength of the forum. You are correct, the moderators are top notch and the members are the best. I've kept up with the forum for 2-3 years now and it is ALWAYS helpful, enjoyable and classy. The Native Watercraft tribe is the best whether it is the guides, local dealers, or the staff at the home base now in Asheville. These folks have been good to me and the quality of the people just takes the top notch product and secures it and makes me want to be part of it. Enjoy your kayak and keep studying the forum and website. Welcome aboard! Jeff Wilson Nashville, TN

#11 Bass & BBQ

Bass & BBQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'll answer the "call out"! I actually joined so I could see the pictures but havent posted primarily because I dont yet own a Native Kayak. It is my intention to own a Slayer at some point but finances just aren't allowing it just yet. I am active on a couple of other forums and enjoy sharing ideas so I will try to get more involved here. It is a good group of folks.

#12 porterHause

porterHause

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Just joined and expecting my Native Slayer Propel in Copperhead around the 1st of May. My previous kayak was an OT Vapor, so this is my first serious kayak. Look forward to posting once I get down and dirty with my new yak. Been collecting accessories in the meantime and have gotten some good info on customization so far from the site. I look forward to being able to help out my fellow Native elite once the time comes. Jon Porter Seattle, WA

#13 whiskymac

whiskymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, good call. Had my Mariner since Xmas and have posted a few things. I am interested in the fishing section on this forum but it seems you guys don't fish or like to keep it a secret. I am on a few Australian Kayak forums and they all have a section for trip reports. It is always interesting to read what other guys are doing and what fish they catch and how they catch them.

#14 monty

monty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationhigh point

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Have replied to a few but my story is always wanted to kayak the rivers. Since purchasing my Slayer and the wifes Ultimate we have been on several of the sections of the Dan and Smith rivers. This was before the tragic spill. We went almost every weekend last year some where. Would never have gotten my wife out if not for the stability of the Ultimate and we nhave enjoyed eveery minute on the water since. In fact my wife enjoyed last season so much that we had to purchase a Coupe this year. Looking forward to anther season.
  • monty likes this

#15 funleavy

funleavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

I am interested in the fishing section on this forum but it seems you guys don't fish or like to keep it a secret.

I am on a few Australian Kayak forums and they all have a section for trip reports. It is always interesting to read what other guys are doing and what fish they catch and how they catch them.

Totally agree with all of that. It's funny how members of some message boards (Florida Sportsman to name one) can be so uber-uptight about sharing fishing spots. After getting a tip from another member, I got myself in a LOT of trouble after posting a trip report that included enough photos that some people were able to identify the location. Talk about angry! That's certainly not the case though with this board and with this group.

Anyway I do a lot of fishing here in the Keys and would love to (1) meet up with other Noggers that fish here and (2) start sharing my experiences - and my secret spots :)

#16 monty

monty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationhigh point

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I believe it is kayaking time. The Smith river will be back very soon
  • monty likes this

#17 gatoremt

gatoremt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

A suggestion as the forum grows. Is there a way to a state area sub-forum. Or a regional area? I am on this site almost everyday. I would be on it more if I could use it on Tapatalk.
  • Kayakphotos likes this

#18 Kayakphotos

Kayakphotos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNaples, FL

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:03 AM

I'm late to the party, but I'll share. I plan to use my new (to me) ultimate 14.5 tandem for fishing and photography. I'll try to share some of my pictures.
  • NOG Admin likes this
Just a thought from Daniel. '12 Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem- Camo

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/40driggs/

#19 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

A suggestion as the forum grows. Is there a way to a state area sub-forum. Or a regional area? I am on this site almost everyday. I would be on it more if I could use it on Tapatalk.

Regional areas have been added. We have changed software platforms making the site much more mobile friendly, eliminating the need for third party plug-ins such as tapatalk. Doing so also lessens potential security risks.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#20 jettmoon

jettmoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPink Hill, NC

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:30 PM

I just purchase the Native Propel Ultimate FX 13. I've been out on some local rivers and millponds. So far I've enjoyed it very much. I live in eastern NC and I plan on going to the Swansboro area this weekend to try saltwater fishing for the first time in a kayak.  I don't post because I'm rather new to the kayaking world and I find I'm doing more research of fishing rigs and how to catch certain species of fish more than anything else. The FX is just awesome in every way, there isn't really much to say about it.  I do more Youtube searches on how to use the anchor trolley, DIY add-ons, safety issues, kayak dollies and watch to see what others are doing with their Natives in different types of water.  I'm a little leery of going out into the ocean, that seems too dicey. I'm curious about it though. 

• NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users